There’s a new warning being issued to all pet owners, after one dog walker found a tennis ball that had a razor blade embedded inside of it.
It is reported that the owner picked up the ball in a park Manchester, England on Friday night, and has since shared the story in the hope that others will remain vigilant. He also noted that these weren’t the only tennis balls that found in the park. Balls had been hidden among the reeds, placed there by someone intentionally. The entire point was to hurt dogs in the park.
This ball containing a new razor blade inside was picked up by my dogs in the reeds adjacent to the Knott car park at the far end of Lyme Park at 6.00 pm 24th May. It has been doctored by someone who evidently has malevolent intentions towards dogs.
Police in the UK are said to be investigating the incident after a small Stanley knife blade, though as yet no official warning has been released. We would always advise the strictest vigilance when it comes to allowing your dogs to pick up things when on walks: It’s always better to be safe than sorry!
Naturally, social media is up in arms over the find, which highlights the sad fact that there are some truly disturbed people out there – the initial post read:
“URGENT ATTENTION FOR DOG OWNERS WALKING THEIR DOGS IN LYME PARK, DISLEY.
My puppies carried it back to the car and chewed it up. We found this vicious razor blade inside. The pond life responsible may use poison or there may be more doctored balls in the vicinity. The police and the rangers at Lyme have been informed and have assigned an incident number IML410822. Please let them know of any further developments.
Please be vigilant- my dogs just found this old ball set in the reeds hidden for them to find. I even threw it for them! I can’t bear to think of the consequences…”
Sadly, this isn’t the first time that someone has maliciously or intentionally wanted to hurt dogs.
State and federal wildlife agencies opened an investigation to find someone that they believed was intentionally poisoning dogs with meat. They had also found dead coyotes, raccoons, weasels, and a wolf because of this person’s horrible act.
“The poison was found on the ground on public properties managed by the U.S. Forest Service and the Goodman Timber Co. Each dog died less than 30 minutes after ingesting the poisoned meat, according to the DNR.
Please share this story to make all dog owners aware of these cases.